Caring for your infant’s teeth is important. The teeth may be small and there may be just one or two, but they serve as a placeholder for the adult teeth. It is imperative that you care for baby teeth the same way that you’d care for adult teeth. Without proper dental care, cavities and decay can happen and that is the last thing that you want to happen. A few tips for infant dental care torrance ca are:
· Use a washcloth or moistened gauze to clean baby’s gums before teeth erupt. Do this twice per day.
· Be sure to clean baby’s gums after feedings.
· When baby’s first tooth appears, buy a soft-bristled baby toothbrush and a fluoridated toothpaste. Brush baby’s teeth twice per day using a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
· Brush the gums and teeth gently! Be sure to brush both the front and back of the teeth.
· Brush your child’s teeth (or at least aid them) until they’re old enough to do it themselves, which is usually around age 5 or 6.
· Monitor your baby’s teeth and gums and watch out for signs of decay. Schedule an appointment if you notice trouble.
· Schedule an appointment with the dentist. The dentist provides tooth education and information in addition to caring for the teeth, mouth, and the gums. Your baby should see the dentist for the first time by the age of 1. Choose a dentist who specializes in infant dental care for best results.
The Final Word
Infant dental care is important for every one of us, including babies. Your baby’s teeth affect the appearance and health of their teeth when they’re older. You can protect their teeth and beautiful smile with the tips above put to use when taking care of your baby’s teeth.